- gypsyjungle likes this
- dinosaursattheprom likes this
- lemonesorbet reblogged this from whes and added:
- whes reblogged this from bankuei and added:
- fallopiantubetales reblogged this from warcrimenancydrew
- sapio-sexual likes this
- keisor reblogged this from keisor
- aeliad reblogged this from home-of-amazons
- arsefarter reblogged this from streakiest and added:
- streakiest reblogged this from arsefarter and added:
- boozairob reblogged this from home-of-amazons
- tic-tac926 reblogged this from home-of-amazons
- tic-tac926 likes this
- ignis-aeternus likes this
- skatinfosatan reblogged this from home-of-amazons
- laagrado likes this
- vegetablearian likes this
- home-of-amazons reblogged this from bankuei
- rhodesstark likes this
- carswinky likes this
- peacocksandpearls reblogged this from karnythia
- infalliblequilibrium reblogged this from lavenderlabia
- joanwatsn reblogged this from intothekawoosh
- nothingbut-faith-innothing likes this
- ambrosecollector likes this
- platypusnoise likes this
- llamadeus likes this
- murriana likes this
- lizandthelaw reblogged this from madmoonriots
- opheliaanachronism likes this
- intothekawoosh likes this
- intothekawoosh reblogged this from rengarfield
- anderchangster reblogged this from lemonyandbeatrice
- buuuuuuuuuuh reblogged this from madmoonriots
- lurvinrnbowkisses likes this
- apolloadama likes this
- lunaunit likes this
- rengarfield reblogged this from lemonyandbeatrice
- thattomlinsonsass likes this
- madmoonriots reblogged this from lemonyandbeatrice
- daggerdead reblogged this from lemonyandbeatrice
- letyourboneshow reblogged this from lemonyandbeatrice
- lemonyandbeatrice reblogged this from chronicallyannoyed
- its-moka likes this
- kieradoe reblogged this from bankuei
- kieradoe likes this
- thevespertine likes this
- sillysillysillysilly reblogged this from lavenderlabia
- thechocolatebrigade likes this
- itsajarofjam reblogged this from roropcoldchain
Let’s say something terrible happens to someone. Something is inflicted upon them - by an individual, a group, the community whatever.
And they say, “I HATE PEOPLE.”
Do you understand why they might say that? Can you empathize with the need to vent, say something, and, how, in that moment, maybe that’s exactly what they feel and it’s understandable?
What does it say about you and your issues, if you go, “Well you don’t hate ALL people! I’m not like that! It’s not fair for you to hate all people!”
When you do that, you just put your petty insecurity over the fact that something horrible just happened to someone.
People don’t do this, though, because as a society as a whole, we don’t defend, “people”. People could be anyone. The way people are, generally, doesn’t say anything about you.
But god forbid you put a modifier in front of “people” and point out a privileged group and now the hate highlights that this is not, is never, an isolated incident.
Suddenly, people hopping out the woodwork - “Not ALL guys are like that.” ”Not all straight people are like that”, “Not all white people are like that” ”Not all cis people are like that”
You know what? Now you’ve put your insecurity about someone talking about being oppressed, your need to never acknowledge that this goes on and you don’t have to think about it, ABOVE whatever horrible shit just went down.
And you’ve just become exactly what people hate when they talk about that privileged group - you’ve dehumanized and dismissed this person’s suffering to demand that they leave YOU, the UNHARMED PERSON, an emotional out.
The attitude is like someone hitting someone with a car and instead of worrying about the injuries and safety, making priority one demanding the victim acknowledge that it’s NOT YOUR FAULT. The need to be emotionally propped up, and absolved of any hand in a system? Compared to actual violence?
I’ve got some friends, and I know on some days they’re going to be like “I can’t be around men right now” and I gotta go, “Ok” and keep it moving. They’re not mad at me, personally, but it does remind me that I gotta play my part in changing the culture of misogyny and patriarchy…
…not so that my friends are never mad at me, or that they’re always “available” or some bullshit.
BUT BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT MY FRIENDS AS FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS.